New York City
Print This Page

Childcare Funding (Voucher for Subsidized Childcare)
311 | Family Welcome Centers |
Child care vouchers help cover the cost of child care for children 6 weeks to 13 years old. Children with disabilities up to 18 years old are also covered. Funding for vouchers is extremely limited, and the wait for a voucher can be very long.
Children currently on the Voucher Waitlist may be eligible for Special Childcare Funding (SCCF). The Voucher Waitlist eligibility is based on:
Family Size Income
2 < $40,068
3 < $46, 692
4 < $49,032
5 < $58,032
6 < $66,444
Social Guidelines/Other Needs
— You are enrolled in an approved training or educational program, or looking for work. If two parents, same criteria applies for both
— You are ill or incapacitated
— Your child or family is receiving services from either ACS or Human Resources Administration (HRA)
— You must be absent from your home, leaving your child(ren) without supervision
To determine if you may be eligible for early care and education services go to
How to Apply
— If a family is interested in applying for a low-income child care assistance voucher, they should complete the Childcare Contact Link and submit it to the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) according to the directions on the form.
— ACS invites families with children on the Voucher Waitlist to apply for SCCF based on available funding and length of time a child has been on the waitlist. Once a parent receives the SCCF-1 letter and the accompanying SCCF application, s/he must complete and submit both parts of the application with the required documentation.
— Parents must mail all documents along with the application to: NYC ACS, ATTN: SCCF Unit, 66 John Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10038. Parents may also scan and email applications to
Assistance with Payment with Special Needs Care
Use this form if you are a Parent or Guardian who currently receives an ACS voucher and you are interested in requesting a Special Needs payment rate.
Find more information at
All families, including families that may need child care assistance eligibility, can contact a Family Welcome Center by email at or call 311 to get help with finding a program. For FAQs about special childcare funding go to
Updated on May 5, 2022