212-398-5045 | Benefits@liveon-ny.org
Screening Form liveon-ny.org/screener
The LiveOn NY Benefits & Entitlement Program conducts targeted outreach, eligibility screening and application assistance with benefits and entitlements for New York City residents in the highest need.
Services with assistance in submitting a SNAP application are available to all families in NYC. Support is provided regardless of the family living or not with a senior (60+).
– Assist with screening for eligibility for SNAP
– Help completing application and submitting an application to the Human Resources Administration (HRA)
– Follow-up throughout the process
– Troubleshooting and advocating on your behalf
– Assistance with recertification and reporting any changes
– For case specific questions, a referral will be made to the HRA info-line: 718-557-1399
How to Apply
– Dial (212) 398-5045 and connect with a “benefits specialist”
– If an agent is not available, leave a message with your phone number and name
– Receive a phone call back in less than 20 minutes
LiveOn NY also provides services in applying for other benefits like:
– SCRIE/DRIE (rent-freeze program)
– HEAP (Home Energy Assistance Program)
– Medicare Savings Program (pays for Medicare Part B Premium)
– Low Income Subsidy (LIS)
– EPIC (Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Program)
– SCHE/DHE & Veteran’s Homeowners’ Exemptions
Call (212) 398-6565 for assistance.
Updated on October 7, 2022.
Women, Infants, and Children NY (WIC)
800-522-5006 (Growing Up Hotline)
WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) is a short-term food assistance program that provides nutritious foods, breastfeeding support, nutrition counseling, health education, and health care referrals to pregnant women, infants, and children up to age 5.
– Qualifying for benefits will depend on the family’s income and household size.
– To see if you qualify fill out the pre-screening tool on the NYC HRA site or see the table below.
– Otherwise, access the WANDA chat tool for questions about eligibility.
– Keep in mind that U.S. Citizenship is not necessary.
Effective through June 30, 2023
|For each additional
member, add +
The unborn child can be counted as a member of the household.
How to Apply
– Access the WANDA chat tool to get connected to your nearest WIC office. Just answer the questions popping up in the chat and get more information!
– Read the guide to apply for WIC | Spanish guide to apply for WIC
– Call your nearest WIC office and make an appointment. Find locations at signupwic.com
– Receive benefits in 2-5 days
– At your WIC appointment, you will receive an eWIC card that will work like a debit card. The WIC staff will add your benefits to your family’s eWIC account and you will get a list of your family’s WIC benefits for the next three months. This list will have a start and end date for your benefits.
Types of Food Allowed at the Supermarket
— Read the WIC Approved Foods and Products List to learn about the types of foods you can choose at WIC approved market sites. Also, feel free to check out this WIC Approved Foods Card.
— Baby formula is covered by WIC. See what brands can be purchased with WIC at health.ny.gov/prevention/nutrition/wic/approved_formulas.htm
– Breast pumps can be covered by WIC. You will need a prescription order from your pediatrician
– To learn how to use your eWIC card, watch the “Shopping with eWIC” video. For other questions, access the FAQ file here.
Mujeres, Infantes, y Niños (WIC en inglés)
Agencias locales en signupwic.com/
800-522-5006 (Línea Directa de Growing Up Healthy)
El programa de asistencia alimentaria Mujeres, Infantes y Niños (o WIC por sus siglas en inglés) es un beneficio que brinda alimentos nutritivos, apoyo para la lactancia, asesoramiento nutricional, educación sobre la salud y referencias de atención médica para mujeres embarazadas, bebés y niños de hasta 5 años.
Para calificar los ingresos de la familia y el tamaño del hogar son tomados en cuenta.
– Comprueba si calificas, en la tabla debajo o accede a la herramienta de chat WANDA.
– Ten en cuenta que la ciudadanía estadounidense no es necesaria.
|Tamaño del Hogar||Anual||Mensual||Cada 2 Meses||Cada 2 Semanas||Semanalmente|
|Por cada miembro adicional, suma +||$8,732||+$728||+$364||+$336||+$168|
– Ubica una oficina WIC cerca de tu casa en la página signupwic.com y llama para hacer una cita de aplicación.
–Guía de aplicación para WIC en esta hoja informational | Agencias locales
– En tu cita con WIC, recibirás una tarjeta eWIC que funciona como una tarjeta de débito. A la cuenta familiar eWIC, los beneficios (dinero) serán agregados
– Tambien obtendrás una lista de los beneficios que recibirás durante los próximos tres meses con fechas de inicio y finalización para beneficios.
¿Estás interesado en saber qué tipos de alimentos puede comprar con eWIC? Encuentra una lista con alimentos y productos aprobados en WIC Strong.
Aprende más con el video “Comprar con eWIC”.
Updated on September 27, 2022
HRA centers locations
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is a federal nutrition program that helps families, the elderly, and the disabled afford fresh and healthy food. SNAP provides a debit card that you can use at many groceries and farmers markets.
– Low income (income limit varies by household composition, elderly or disabled family members).
– Children and adults.
– US citizenship or refugee visa.
– Residency in New York state.
– Access an eligibility estimator tool at hungersolutionsny.org/snap-benefits-estimator.
|Family Size||Monthly Gross Income||Annual Gross Income|
|For each additional person, add||+ $590||+ $7,080|
SNAP Standards effective October 1, 2022-September 30, 2023. See income requirements for families with no earned income, and/or those who live with elderly or disabled family members at ny.gov/services/apply-snap
How to Apply
File an application online or by mail:
– Guide to apply for SNAP | Spanish guide to apply for SNAP
– Sign up at a069-access.nyc.gov/accesshra or call (718) 557-1399
– You can call the HRA Infoline at (718) 557-1399 to have an application mailed to you
– You can pick up an application at a SNAP center. Find SNAP locations at nyc.gov/site/hra/locations/locations.page
– You can also print the application here, fill it out, and bring it to a SNAP center
Schedule an Appointment:
– After your submit all of your documents online in the HRA portal, schedule an appointment by calling (718) 762-7669
– To learn how to upload documents in the HRA portal, please watch the video“HRA SNAP”
– Become certified 30-45 days after your application and start using your benefits
– Receive an EBT card that you will use at select stores or online websites like Amazon and Walmart
– Keep using your benefits for the time you have been certified (usually a year). Two months prior to the end of the certification period, you will get a mail with documents asking you to recertify
SNAP Cash Benefits
SNAP cash benefit varies per family. For households with net income, the monthly SNAP benefit will equal the maximum benefit for that household size minus the household’s expected contribution of 30 percent of its net income. Families who have no net income will receive the monthly maximum benefit. To estimate your benefit go to hungersolutionsny.org/snap-benefits-estimator
Approved Food and Products
– To see the list of approved foods and products you have access to with SNAP visit fns.usda.gov/snap/eligible-food-items
– Examples are fruits and vegetables, meat, poultry, fish, dairy products, breads and cereals, other foods such as snack foods and non-alcoholic beverages, and seeds and plants, which produce food for the household to eat.
El Programa de Asistencia Alimentaria Suplementaria (SNAP por sus siglas en inglés) es un programa nutricional federal que ayuda a familias, personas mayores, y los discapacitados a pagar comida fresca y nutritiva. SNAP provee una tarjeta débito que usted puede usar en muchos supermercados y mercados de productores agrícolas.
Guía para solicitar SNAP.
Para conocer la lista de alimentos y productos aprobados a los que tiene acceso con SNAP, visite USA gov.
Vea el video “Subiendo documentos a la aplicación HRA” para aprender cómo aplicar a SNAP.
Updated on November 23, 2022
hungerfreeamerica.org/en-us/nyc | hungerfreeamerica.org/es/nyc
English (646) 355-1475 | Spanish (347) 599-1510
Mandarin/Cantonese (646) 935-3513 | Russian (332) 600-5425
938 Sheridan Ave Bronx, NY 10451 (open to the public again)
Hunger Free America (HFA) NYC helps connect people directly with resources to solve food insecurity, while also advocating for policies and programs needed to end domestic hunger.
Low-income New Yorkers.
HFA NYC assist low-income families in obtaining aid from public assistance programs like SNAP and WIC and connect families nationwide with private food resources. Programs are:
Benefit Access: Helps provide NYC residents with access to SNAP and WIC benefits
NYC Neighborhood Guides to Food & Assistance: The guide contains comprehensive information about where to go in your neighborhood for food help.
Food Action Board Program: They work with community members to develop their leadership, advocacy, and community organizing skills.
COVID-19 Outreach: HFA conducts outreach to deliver information regarding vital food resources and the COVID-19 vaccine to ensure the health and safety of the NYC community.
How to apply
— To schedule an appointment with a Benefit Access team member, call 646-355-1475 to set up a free, confidential consultation.
— In this consultation, the agent will go over income eligibility requirements for SNAP and WIC, check to see if you qualify, and help gather the proper forms and information for the application.
— If a Benefit Access Specialist does not pick up, leave a message with your name, number, and the reason for your call.
Visit the Hunger Free America NYC location in-person at 938 Sheridan Ave Bronx, NY 10451.
To find free food resources near you, call the USDA National Hunger Hotline at 866-3-HUNGRY (866-348-6479) or visit their online database for food pantries and soup kitchens near you. To download their neighborhood guide for food and assistance free of charge, visit this link.
Updated on May 5, 2022