Print This Page

Housing and Transportation

Seattle Housing Authority

Long-term, low-income rental housing, and rental assistance programs for families in Seattle


Seattle Family Resources

Rent, utility, mortgage, and transportation assistance for families living in King County


Materials available in multiple languages

Byrd Barr Place

Assistance with temporary, transitional, and permanent housing; located in Seattle


Washington Medical Legal Partnership (MLP)

Legal assistance for families at Harborview Medical Center, Seattle Children’s Hospital, and Odessa Brown Children’s Clinic

Help with obtaining guardianship and legal status for kinship caregivers

For additional resources and legal template letters for special education services, social security, housing, and tenant rights:


King County Metro

Reduced cost bus passes and ORCA cards for youth and other qualified individuals


For youth:

Materials available in multiple languages

King County Housing Authority

Housing assistance for those who live in King County and surrounding areas

600 Andover Park W, Tukwila, WA 98188


The Arc King County

Housing assistance for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their family members experiencing homelessness or at imminent risk of homelessness within King County

1-206-829-7053 (English) or 1-206-829-7030 (Spanish)

Email: (English) or (Spanish)

Material available in Spanish


Transportation to clinics, hospitals, and food banks in King County, Snohomish County, and surrounding areas

Specific eligibility requirements may apply.

Catholic Community Services

Shelter, housing, and other services for families, children, and youth in King, Pierce, Snohomish and surrounding counties at risk for or experiencing homelessness


Community Roots Housing

Affordable housing near schools, jobs, and transit for families living in the Seattle area


For more information email:

Uplift Northwest

Housing and job support within the Puget Sound Area


Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

Free housing counselors for those needing mortgage relief services; national government agency


Materials available in Spanish


For families who prefer to access resources by telephone and/or via interpreters, call the Help Me Grow Washington Hotline: tel: 1-800-322-2588

Materials available in multiple languages

Print This Page