New York City
Print This Page

Students in Temporary Housing

Public school students affected by homelessness (living in a shelter, or doubled up or in some other temporary housing situation due to economic hardship), can receive support and resources with the DOE.
— Homelessness
— Enrollment in a public school
Every school district has a dedicated Students in Temporary Housing (STH) Regional Manager who can respond to questions and concerns, and connect you to DOE and other city agency resources designed to provide no-cost benefits (including transportation to and from school, help with enrollment and school moves, even access to programs and special opportunities)
How to Apply
To get help at school, please reach out to your school’s guidance counselor, social worker, or principal for assistance.
Updated on September 23, 2021